In the most terrifying moments in film, there is always a face
- The face of someone who shouldn’t be there. (Bob, at the end of the bed in ‘Twin Peaks’)
- The face of the dead. (The girl in the jar of formaldehyde in ‘The Kingdom’)
- The face of the old. (The old woman in the veil in ‘The Others’)
- The face that changes.(The woman in the bathtub in ‘The Shining’)
- The face of the unknown. (The creature in ‘Aliens’)
Gore may be repulsive, but it is not frightening. Nothing is as frightening as a face.